September 9, 2009

Where's my mommy?

I didn't think that the first illness to plague me in Africa would be a (self-diagnosed) sinus infection/strep-throat. But, in fact, after drinking Airborne like it's Tusker, I am at home in bed today. Damian went the Chemist today (a pharmacy where you can get almost anything over the counter) to get Azithral-500. Although it sounds like a super-hero of a medicine, it's actually just a gankity version of Z-pack with three instead of 6 pills. Although they had just about any medicine I told them I needed, they seem to "prescribe" half regimens compared to the states (e.g. one week of Augmentin not two). Whatever, we are supposed to head to the coast tomorrow. The sinus gods are not going to mess with my vacation...I hope. The medicine is doing something, I think, it's at least ransacking my GI track, ugh.

Back to bed for me. Sure wish I could get my dad to bring me the standard KFC "sick lunch" while I watched a Law and Order marathon.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.