As promised,
I am at Java coffee house and have logged on to post this very blog. Life here is fairly amazing. The pace of it all seems very relaxed. While living in Seattle, I would always see people sitting in coffee houses working on their comps. Now I am the one doing that...kind of surreal.
We all went out last night to a jazz bar in buffet park, which, to put it quite simply looks like a place straight out of the movies. I half expected to meet brad pitt, sean connery, dicaprio, or indiana jones there but obviously that didn't happen. Some oddly shapen dirt path alleyway lead us through a door in a corrugated aluminum wall into a large shop/bar courtyard. Lights were strung up all around the courtyard especially near the 3? bars. We rolled in to a bar called Tamasha, it was busy but we found ourselves a hightop table in the back corner of the bar, we were the only mzungus in the place. There was a sweet live band playing songs that from the states, most of which we all were familiar with. The drinks of choice were local tusker (kenyan pilsner), gin and tonic (with extraordinarily sweet gin), white cap (ugandan ale), and savannah (a cider type brew). A very fun night. We will go back there soon.
Our sense of bartering skills with the locals from key cutters, to taxis, to goods are becoming heightened. The food has been exceptional...everything is fresh and chalked full of flavor. I believe Anne has found vegetable heaven over hear in sub-saharan africa. The girl can get a 1/4 kilo of peas for 30 ksh....she is loving it. I am anxiously awaiting the indian meal we are going to this wednesday...they are supposed to be excellent over hear.
Battery is dying will blog again soon.
peace
August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.