August 12, 2009

One man's thoughts

To catch some of you up on D's goings ons...here's what's happening.
August 14th, I retire from Honda Aircraft. Looking fwd to early retirement, just wish I had the independently wealthy status to go along with it. I will become another stat in the unemployment machine. I'm just going to hope that the unemployment lines are shorter in Kenya.
August 16th, pack all belongings into storage.
August 19th, leave for Kenya.
Wow is there a ton of stuff to do to move your entire life the Africa for a year, I again thank our fams for helping/putting up with it all.
Also, for those of you who don't know yet, I have accepted the offer of being my best mate, Matt's, best man at his wedding. Barring any unforeseen events, the wedding will be a blast when we get back.
Ummmm...have I mentioned that in 1 wk, my life will be flipped upside down. other side of the world, and an unemployed minority.
This year though will be an absolutely amazing adventure...I'm just glad my wife will be there for those dreaded public transportation incidents that I simply clam up on.
NAIROBI BABY, I hope it's ready for Damian Rositch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.