We made it! The flights went really well, no problems...and all of our luggage made it, amazing! There is a little apartment drama here (our was a disaster, it's being worked on, we are living in one a floor below ours for now).
Ran into work for a bit on Friday, awesome. They were ready for me to get to work but after my tour and meeting everyone, I headed out to get supplies and settled since I had arrived <12 hours prior. We got our cell phones and internet (obviously).
Today ROCKED. Mega-tourist day: elephant orphange and giraffe reserve. I got a great giraffe kiss:) Damian did too, but that giraffe had his number and really made him work for it! Nairobi is a really, really interesting place. First impressions is it's the best of so much and the worst. The people are so friendly and Kenya is beautiful but the over-crowding, pollution/dirtiness/liter, and disparity and poverty are penetrating and inescapable.
I'm sure Damian will blog on Monday as he sits in a great American style coffee shop all day that is right around the corner from our flat! He might even find time to upload some pictures.
Love you guys!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.